Sunday, July 30, 2006

Gibson Arrested For DUI

Actor and Director Mel Gibson was arrested for driving under the influence, as his blood-alcohol level was at 0.12. But, that wasn't even the worst part of the story. Gibson has fessed up to saying some very inappropriate statements to the officer who had arrested him.

He allegedly threatened the officer, tried to escape, and laid down some "anti-Semitic" remarks, such as, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world" and "Are you a Jew?"

This is highly ironic for me, because just last night, I was reading a book entitled "101 People Who Are Really Screwing America" by Jack Huberman and Mel Gibson was listed because of supposed anti-Semitism in his film "Passion of the Christ." Many religious scholars and theologians have pointed out many falsities in the film and anti-Semitism. He was also listed on there because he and his father don't believe in the Holocaust. When asked about World War II, Gibson said, "Many people died in World War II. Some of them were Jews."

Gibson did make a statement today apologizing for his words and actions, saying, "I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Link:

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/gibson-apologizes-for-despicable-dui/20060728161309990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home