Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Doctor's Aids

I just received a call back from my doctor's assistant. I had a catscan done yesterday and this assistant just read from her cue card. When I asked two questions, I received the same answer both times, "I don't really know. I'll ask about that and get back to you." Gee, thanks. She even asked me if I felt any pain. The reason I was there in the first place and got a catscan is because I was in pain. It's not like it's a monthly fetish I have to get needles placed in my veins, have attractively bruised arms as a result, a lovely bill to pay, etc. I guess that's why they're the "assistants" as opposed to the actual doctors, but it's not like most assistants only read cue cards. Or do they? Hmm... What's the pay like? Maybe I should be a cue card reader, I mean, an assistant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home