Friday, April 21, 2006

The Most Annoying Commercial

For those outside the Omaha/Metro area, be grateful that you don't have to witness the KPTM Fox 42 News commercial. Now, if I am able to find what all is said during the 30-45 second commercial (it feels like 5 minutes), then I will be sure to post that.

But, to give you an idea of what it sounds like, the commercial revolves around the word "Time." Like I said, the commercial runs for approximately 30-45 seconds and whenever the word "Time" is said, it is stated in a loud, almost robotic tone. How many times (no pun intended) is the word "Time" stated in this 30-45 second commercial? 22 times! Yes, I counted! 22 flipping times!

It goes something like this:

It's time.
In the nick of time.
It's about time.
Don't waste your time.
It's time for the time.
Nine's the time.
It's your time.
KPTM brings you the time.
It's the time of your life.
Time, time, time.
KPTM Fox 42 news at nine. It's your time.
It's about time.

I only wrote "time" 15 times in there (feels like I wrote it 30 times). So, I'd have to add another seven to amount to what KPTM has done on their wretched commercial.

Yeah, it's time they find a new writer, because after watching that commercial comes time for some advil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home