Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fahrenheit 451

I finally got around to reading (and completing) Ray Bradbury's novel, Fahrenheit 451.

Just like I've stated about The Beatles, I believe this novel is much more important in terms of its message and influence than it is quality writing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book. It's a classic and a very important read. I'd recommend everyone to give it a gander. But, I've read many other books that flowed more smoothly than this one, without the poetic feel that F-451 brings to the table.

I thank Ray Bradbury for his courage in writing this book, hope that he and others continue to fight the battle against censorship, and hope that artistry, in any and all mediums, are tampered with at the very minimum (if at all) by censorship. Art has no limits or boundaries, as far as I'm concerned and to limit one book, one painting, one pure form of art, is to limit expression in its entirety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home