Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Book Bomber

So, my father and I were flying back from Michigan on Tuesday afternoon. All I had with me was: my wallet, some kleenex, some meds (pills), my cell phone, and a book. I took my shoes off and put those along with my cell phone through the screener. So, all I had in my hand was a book, a rather small one, not even 6 x 9. I walked through the metal detector, no sounds were made, but the lady directly in front of the detector asked me to step back and put my book through the screener. I paused and asked, "My book?"

Was there a book bomber that I don't know about? I know about the shoe bomber, which didn't result in much, but has forced every American to take their shoes off at the airport. My dad jokingly commented, "There will probably be a guy with a bomb up his butt someday, and from there on out, we'll need to bend over." Unopened bottles of water or cans of pop? Can't take them past the detector. A book? We'll need to screen that. Shoes? Take those off and put them through the screener. What's next? Do I even want to know? Probably not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home