Friday, January 18, 2008

Huckabee getting himself into trouble...

With his latest sermons on the campaign trail, from basically telling those that don't like the Confederate Flat to shove a pole in their a** to exclaiming that we need to alter the Constitution to make it more in line with God/The Bible, Arkansas Governor, Mike Huckabee, may win some votes in South Carolina and some other southern states, but will more likely than not hinder his chance at becoming the Republican nominee in the 2008 presidential election. He made further commentary yesterday in regard to his statement about altering the Constitution. I'm just paraphrasing, but he basically said the following, "Altering the Constitution to make abortion illegal is not radical. What's radical would be to allow marriage between two men, between a man and an animal, between a man and an underage woman, or between a man and three women." So, he simultaneously took shots at Mitt Romney and the Democratic candidates, and compared both Mormonism and gay marriage to bestiality and pedophilia. At first, I thought I liked this guy, not necessarily his politics, but his character and personality. The more this guy talks now, the less I like him. He may be able to garner some votes in the southeast and perhaps some parts of the midwest, but overall, I see his drivel backfiring. The northeast, northwest, southwest, far west, and perhaps some of the plains states won't take too kindly to the preacher's babble. I tried to be fair to Republicans, especially after these 7+ years of Mr. Bush, but with Huckabee's recent commentary, Romney's constant flip-flops and negativity, Thompson's Dick Cheney impersonation, Giuliani's constant references to 9/11, and Paul's low percentages in the Iowa Caucus and New Hampshire Primary, I see John McCain as the only Republican I'd even think of voting for in the November election and honestly, I think I'd pick Obama, Edwards, or Clinton over him, so it looks like I'm going Democrat this year, unless something major happens between now and November, which alters my mind a tremendous amount. The chances of that occurring are at about 0 - 2.5%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home