Monday, February 06, 2006

The Commercials

This year's commercials were better than last year's, but that's not saying a whole lot. The Clydesdale one was...cute. The Diet Pepsi Diddy commercial was a bit out there for me, but I found the one with Jackie Chan slightly amusing. I thought it was clever to ask for a stunt double, for that double to be a Diet Coke can, and for it to get stomped. The hidden beers one was allright. Same with the monkeys and jacka** one. The Ameristar commercials were pretty funny I thought, especially the one on the airplane. "Don't Judge Things Too Quickly." The Michelob commercial where that guy levels the woman during a casual football game and then she does likewise to him in the bar was rather humorous. The streaking goat one was a personal favorite of mine. The Sprint cell phone commercial was pretty funny too. "My phone's a crime deterrent. Pretend you're going to steal my wallet from my back pocket." ::throws phone at the guy's head:: Other guy- "I'm going to file a suit on you man!" ::phone hits him in the head again::

The one commercial that stands out the most to me, though? The hummer commercial. You know what one I'm talking about? Yeah, the monster and the robot mating, and giving birth to a hummer. I'm sorry, but what? That had to of been the weirdest commercial I've seen in my life! The monster and robot are tightly knit, walking through the city. They hold hands. The monster gets pregnant (thank God they left out details to that event). They give birth to their hummer and then kiss one another. Aww...how...I can't even think of the word. Bizarre is the best I can do right now! I sure hope I never have to see that one again. Yikes!

But, all-in-all, the commercials were decent this year. Outside of that hummer commercial, there weren't any others where I gagged while watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home