Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"Date Movie" Review

I don't expect much from comedies. All I want from a comedy is some laughter. If there are a few good chuckles and one laugh-out-loud moment, then I'm pretty satisfied. I don't expect it to be the best acted or directed. It's not like Steven Spielberg or Ron Howard would direct a film like this. You won't be seeing actors like Tom Hanks or Denzel Washington in these kinds of films either. So, all I ask for is some laughter. There are only a couple comedies I've seen where I didn't receive that laughter: "Dude, Where's My Car?" and "Gone Fishin'." This looked so stupid, it had to make for some dumb laughs, right? No. Add this one to that short list of "comedies" that don't make for too many laughs. I had maybe three chuckles throughout the whole film. If you're easily amused and you'll laugh at a mosquito flying around, then you may get a kick out of this one. But, if you expect a little more out of your comedies than that, then I'd stay far far away. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Grade (for a comedy): 3/10
Grade (Overall): 1.5/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home