Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Preaching Bloggers

Why is it that some bloggers feel the need to preach? I don't mean that they start writing scriptures and give blogified sermons. No, I mean that they preach and lecture about different topics. Many times, the blogs are directed towards a "you." So, when I read it, I'm thinking, "Me? What? What did I do?"

There are obscenities thrown around, insults, and the lecture usually consists of how a person or persons needs to go about something, how they can't go about something, what they have to do in order to better a situation, what they can't do, etc.

I don't enjoy preaching blogs that make me feel like I'm at the back pew of a church and the pastor is looking right at me as he raises his voice. It's not a very comforting feeling.

It doesn't give me a fuzzy feeling inside if I open up a book and it says, "You need to stop being so stupid and break up with that girl! She's an idiot! She doesn't deserve you! I hate her! Ahhhhhhh!" Yeah, that would kind of scare me and I'd quickly dispose of the piece of literature in the fireplace.

Shouldn't the preaching blogs be kept between the two parties? Can't they talk? Or, at least, e-mail one another, so no one else can read the sermons?

If people are going to preach to one person in particular, they should work in a church or keep the sermon between they and the other party involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home