Thursday, June 15, 2006

Carlin and Coulter Make For An Interesting Tonight Show

Jay Leno had an interesting line-up for his show last night: George Carlin and Ann Coulter. Carlin came out and did a short routine, followed by a conversation with Leno, where he wasn't bashful on making political bashings, which included the president. When Ann Coulter walked in, Carlin moved to the next seat and said, "I never thought I'd move to the right of Ann Coulter." This received some laughs, even from Coulter.

The conversation that then ensued was interesting. What was even more interesting was when the camera showed quick glimpses of Carlin when Coulter spoke. He didn't look like the happiest of campers. In fact, he looked downright p***ed! I thought some punches might start flying. Coulter tried laying down a joke, something along the lines of, "He's my smart liberal friend, the smartest liberal I know. Of course, I wasn't aware that George (Carlin) was going to be here tonight," followed by a chuckle by Coulter and a glance over at Carlin. When this occurred, the camera spotlighted the area in between the two guests and Carlin looked down and away as Coulter looked over at him, and he let out a very fake chuckle. When she looked ahead, he appeared to bite on his lower lip, like he really wanted to say something to her. I'll be interested to see if he comments on the show at all in his upcoming performances or on his website.

As for Coulter, it seemed that she had her own personal fan club on hand at the show. Even during the opening session of the show, Leno commented by saying something along the lines of, "Wow, it looks like my audience has gone right-wing." I only heard a few boos by certain things she said during the course of the evening. For the most part, she received loud cheers. Like I said, I think a new right-wing fundamentalist Christian group was on hand for the show. She mentioned that she only has one "liberal" friend, that she'd never sleep with a "liberal," and as usual, "liberals" are to blame for everything. She found it humorous that "liberals" aren't getting upset about being referred to as "Godless" (the name of her new book), but are extremely upset about her comments regarding the 9/11 widows. She also believes there's a connection in Democrats standing behind people who have lost loved ones and these people speak out for the Democrats, doing their job for them. She mentioned the 9/11 widows, along with Cindy Sheehan.

Host Jay Leno played the nice guy. He asked the questions, listened to Coulter's answered, tried to laugh when a joke was told, and didn't follow-up with a question on an answer he wasn't satisfied with. He was pretty easy on her. He even asked her about her word choice when referring to the 9/11 widows as "broads" in her book. She chuckled and said something like, "That's a word used in everyday language. If liberals are going to sink to the level of my word choice, then that proves they don't have a point to make."

The more I read about or listen to Coulter, the more I can't stand the woman. I think I like her less than Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, and that's saying something. But, one thing Jay Leno said at the start that I liked was when he mentioned who was on the program and stated something like, "Some people wrote and said they weren't going to watch my show anymore if I let her (Coulter) on. Some said that about Michael Moore as well. It's not my job to say who's right or wrong. I just let them on, let their views be known, and then we can make a proper conclusion." I can't stand Coulter, but I couldn't agree more with that statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home