Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Girardi On The Hot Seat? What?

I just read tonight that Florida Marlins Manager Joe Girardi is on the hot seat and has a 50-50 chance of being the Florida coach next season. I'm still scratching my head on that one, yes, while I type. I'm talented like that.

Joe Girardi is in his first season managing the Marlins. Florida got rid of all their talent and veterans this past off-season except for pitcher Dontrelle Willis and slugger Miguel Cabrera. They're the youngest team in all of baseball and started the year horribly. Florida is now 64-66 and on their way to a victory over the Cardinals to improve to 65-66. For how they started the year, that's incredible!

Because they play in the lowly National League, Florida is still very much in the thick of things in the Wild Card race. In fact, if Florida won the Wild Card along with the Division leaders NY, St. Louis, and Los Angeles, I'd pick Joe Girardi as the National League Coach of the Year. This is coming from an Atlanta Braves fan. I don't know if there's something going on there that I don't know about, perhaps the players aren't big fans of how he manages them. But, from what I've seen this year, the drastic improvements the club has made, and the fact that they're so young and will only get better, I haven't the slightest idea why Girardi would get fired or why he's even on the hot seat. I think he's done a great job this year and why I'm even having to write this blog is ridiculous. I can tell you one thing. If he does get fired, he'll be receiving plenty of phone calls from other clubs and in a hurry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home