Saturday, July 15, 2006

Confusion

I just checked out the site known as RottenTomatoes. There are critics' gradings on films in theaters, on video, video games, pretty much anything and everything one could possibly think of at this site. Typically, if the average grade for a movie is 6.5 out of 10 or greater, then that movie will be considered as a favorable one to critics. I just saw that the game "NFL Head Coach" had an average grade of 7 out of 10 from a total of seven critics. So, the game is probably seen in a positive light, right? Not so fast. Only one out of the seven critics graded it favorably according to the site, an approval rating of 14%. What, do video games need to score a rating of 8/10 or above in order to be considered worth playing? I gave it a rating of 7.5/10. Does that mean I gave it an unfavorable grade? Usually when I rate movies, a 5.0 or above usually indicates that I found the movie watchable. If it's 7 or greater, then it's obvious I thought the film was a pretty good piece of cinema. The same holds true for games. If it's 5 or greater, then it's playable. If I rate it at 7 or higher, then it's solid game. So, yeah, I'm confused and no, that doesn't take much for those of you who know me (so, no wise commentary).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home