Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Epic Movie"? Oh no, not another one...

In less than a year's time, two of the six writers from the "Scary Movie" films, have released the likes of "Date Movie" and now "Epic Movie." I have yet to see "Epic Movie," but am expecting anything, but a film of epic proportions.

I saw "Date Movie," and thought it appeared to be somewhat funny, in a stupid manner, from seeing the trailer. I can't remember laughing once in that film. There may have been a very light chuckle at one point, but that was it. I don't mind stupid humor to an extent. I laughed during films such as: "Dumb and Dumber," "Kingpin," among others. It doesn't take a whole lot to satisfy me in a comedy. "Date Movie" was one of the worst, if not the worst movie I've seen. In terms of comedies, it ranks in my top three (bottom, in this case, I guess), alongside "Gone Fishin'" and "Dude, Where's My Car?" I have the utmost confidence that "Epic Movie," if I were to see it, would rank in the bottom four with the three before-mentioned films.

It's funny in a way, because trailers brag that "Date Movie" and "Epic Movie" have 2 of the 6 writers from "Scary Movie." Go figure, these films are about 1/3 the film that "Scary Movie 4" was. Why was "Date Movie" so bad and why will "Epic Movie" be equally as poor? These films are supposed to be satiric and poke fun at other films. All they do is dress somebody up as a character from a particular film and basically repeat the same line that was stated in the original! That's not funny! That's ripping people of their money! What if a person hasn't seen the films that these guys are poking fun of? They're not going to be in on the "jokes." Satires may make fun of films, but they actually have a plot and storyline of their own. The jokes aren't solely dependent upon the viewers having seen the movies that they're spoofing. These films are a poor excuse for cinema and I truly hope that this one doesn't garner much money at the box office. Because, the problem is, as long as these guys make money from these awful films, they're going to continue to make similar flicks. I can only imagine what would be next: "Action Movie," "Funny Movie," "Romantic Movie," "Chick Flick Movie," Parody Movie," I better stop now, so I don't give them any ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home