Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Epic Movie"? Anything but...

I enjoyed the first "Scary Movie," but the rest of the series attempted to attract a younger crowd with a PG-13 rating and the films in the series have been getting worse ever since. Then came "Date Movie," which I thought looked funny from the previews. It's a spoof on, well, date movies. But, it had to of been one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was dreadful. I silently laughed to myself one time. Critics hated that and rightfully so, but the people (teens mainly) enjoyed it, and it made enough money to allow for "Epic Movie" to be produced.

I have not and will never see "Epic Movie," unless it's a free viewing, just so I can see how awful it is and if a film can top that which is date movie in its stupidity. Again, critics hated this movie, even more so than its predecessor. But, again, it's done fairly well at the box office, so I'm frightened that their may be another awful film to come about in this series. I and critics around the world pray to the gods that no other film in this series will make its presence known to the public.

The biggest problem is that writers Aaron Setzer and Jason Friedberg don't know what a satire is. They attempt to satirize Hollywood films, but satire is more than just reciting the same exact lines of the original with different actors. That's not satire and rarely, is that funny.

Only one critic out of 47 gave this film a positive rating (2%). The critics averaged to give the film 2.1 out of 10 stars. Ouch.

Here are a few comments that the critics have made regarding the shameful attempt at art:

"It's generally considered bad form for a critic to advocate the kidnap and torture of specific filmmakers, but I'll tell you this: If you did it, and you confessed to me, no way would I turn you in." - Jeremy C. Fox

"An amateur-hour game of Spot That Reference, intended for people who crack up simply at the mention of anything topical." - Jim Ridley

"What was the last studio picture this bad? Maybe 2002's 'The Adventures of Pluto Nash'. I've seen more talent in my cat's last dump." - Dustin Putman

"On January 26th, I have witnessed what is assured to be the worst film I will behold all year." - Brian Orndorf

"It is just too bad that the film isn't called 'Miniscule Movie' because that is a better description of this epic-less piece of garbage." - Zack Haddad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home