Monday, February 19, 2007

It's never fast enough, is it?

The speed limit on one of the four main streets in Omaha, Dodge, frequently chances. The max speed limit was 55 at one time. That was risen to 60 not too long ago. Before we knew it, there were speed limit signs reading 65. From west to east, the speed limit goes from 65 to 55 to 50 to 45, etc. When the max was 55, I'd go from 55-60, and yet, there'd be people zooming around me, going 60-70. When it was risen to 60, I'd go somewhere between 60-65, and there'd be racers going around me at 65-75. When it was recently risen to 65, I'll drive at about 65-70 and even now, people zoom past me at anywhere from 70-80.

People are always trying to expand the speed limit boundaries a little extra until the limits are actually raised, aren't they? When the speed limit is 40, 45 isn't enough. Let's go 50 and see if the limit is raised to 45. The only area where this doesn't seem to be the case (not to my knowledge, anyway) is in residential zones, where the speed limit is 25. Everywhere else though, that number posted on a sign at the side of the road isn't large enough to appease the masses. It's as if many are salespeople, just trying to garner a few extra bucks from their potential customer. How far can I/we take it before we get busted/rejected? I wonder how these people would react while driving on the Autobahn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home