Monday, June 18, 2007

"Lil' Bush" Lil' Disappointing

When I first saw a preview to the new Comedy Central show "Lil' Bush," I have to say, I was a lil' on the excited side. Finally, an animated satirical series based on the president. A Comedy Central show making fun of the president, how could it go wrong? After the premiere ended last Wednesday evening however, I had other thoughts.

There were a couple chuckles here and there, but no belly laughs, that's for certain. Lil' Dick's (Cheney) grumblings were slightly humorous at first, but got old pretty fast. Some parts could be classified as almost cute and I have to wonder what the true intent is for this show, in terms of its message and what type of audience it wants to appeal. The funniest portions of the premiere (in my opinion) were the few parts where Lil' Bill (Clinton) made an appearance.

I may have to check it out again this Wednesday, in hope that it meets my lofty expectations of an animated satire about Bush, but have a feeling that it won't do that. I have a feeling that this is a show spread with almost childish humor that falls drastically short of humor as in the two following programs, "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report". Want some good political humor? I recommend those two programs way ahead of "Lil' Bush".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home