Monday, June 11, 2007

What is it with the new trend in sunglasses?

Seriously, what is it with the new trend in sunglasses- The Paris Hilton trend, as I call it? I went to a downtown festivity yesterday on a bright and sunny afternoon and these shades could be seen at every which angle, on women from the age of 6 to the age of 56. What type of sunglasses am I referring to? Not the kind that gives enough shade to both the right and left eye, no. The kind that gives enough shade to both eyes, plus another four eyes. If it wasn't for a person's hair and perhaps some other features, I'd think that I was on a planet infested by aliens, that or a series of Jeff Goldblum clones from "The Fly".

I've never been much of a fashion buff, because I typically don't care. To each their own. Trends always change, so what's the point of altering one's style with the times, knowing that in two years, their current style will be in accord to the nationwide trend? But, I don't understand how anyone could find these sunglasses cool or attractive? I don't understand how women can wear high-heels. Some give the reason that it shows more of their legs or "completes" the outfit. Alright, I can see that reasoning and logic...somewhat. But, what's the reasoning for the extra large sunglasses? It's not like I see too many people with hats that could fit two heads in it, as the hat would cover the entire face (although, that may be a blessing in disguise for some people). It's not like I see NFL quarterbacks wear a glove on their throwing hand that could fit both hands in for a fashion statement. Good luck throwing the football, buddy! What, does it draw attention to one's forehead (the sexiest part of the human body)? The nose? The ears? The green antennaes that are obviously sticking out from one's scalp? I'll admit, one gal I saw yesterday looked pretty good, until I saw those massive sunglasses on her face. At that, I cringed and looked elsewhere at human life-forms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home