Monday, June 11, 2007

Yeah, that's a no go...

I'm a writer and a liberal one at that. A gal was attempting to get to know me recently and she has never heard of the following: Kurt Vonnegut, George Carlin, Al Franken, David Sedaris, George Orwell, or Ray Bradbury, amongst others. The only "author" she heard of amongst many I mentioned was Michael Moore and she "can't stand him," even though she never gave a reason why. I'm tempted to write/call back, inquisition her on a few topics, and attempt to engage in intelligent conversation, but based on what I know about her, I have a gut feeling that it'd be near impossible to do so. She's only into country music. Strike one. She's only into romantic comedies. Strike two. She's never heard of: Vonnegut, Carlin, Franken, Sedaris, Orwell, and Bradbury. Strikes three through eight. She can't stand Moore, but gives no explanation as to why. Strike nine. That's all I need to know. In just knowing the person for a little over a week, she already has the quantity of strikes to complete the first three innings of the ball game. That's quite enough, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home