Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sin City Review

I finally got around to seeing the highly acclaimed picture, Sin City, the other day. I was always somewhat curious, due to the great cast, but there was always something holding me back, perhaps because it was based on a comic book and I didn't know what I'd be getting myself into.

For starters, there was terrific casting in the film. Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Benecio Del Toro, Clive Owen, amongst others made the characters somewhat interesting. Much of the dialogue was very cheesy, but that was to be expected, with it being based off a comic book.

What made the film any bit enticing were the visuals. They were mesmerizing. The black and white that was used, certain colors that were able to stand out more so than usual, red and blue, in particular, the cinematography in general, was superb.

However, the wondrous display of imagery is about all the kept my interest throughout the course of the film. The actors did all they could to make their characters somewhat interesting, but the content beneath the beautiful surface was lacking some.

Overall Grade: 6/10 - I recommend to see this movie once, solely based on the beauteous cinematography. I think the movie did a fairly solid job of depicting a graphic comic book, but unless one is very much into that genre, the substance beneath the alluring surface may seem a bit thin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home