Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ever Feel Like a.....?

A b***h? Or, I should say, like someone's b***h? I've run into this dilemma of late and it's a very odd feeling, I must say.

This woman and I have been friends for over a year now, but over the past month, I've felt like nothing but her b***h. It's no longer, "I'm going to call Craig to talk." It's, "I'm going to call Craig to tell him about a favor he can do for me." So, we don't talk about school, work, love interests, family, friends, politics, hanging out, movies, or anything like that anymore. Now, it's just, "Craig, can you be here by 10am tomorrow? I need someone to help me get my treadmill and carry it in. So, I figured, you could do it." Uh-huh, and how much am I getting paid for this?

That hasn't been the only thing, oh no. It all started with her basically telling me I had to tutor her in math. I enjoy math and I enjoy teaching math, so I said sure. But, every time I brought up an appointment, she'd run somewhere else and I wasted a couple nights because of that, which I was none too pleased about.

Then, on two separate occasions, she invited me to go out to dinner with her and have a couple drinks. I said sure. So, we met up at her place and she then notifies me, "Yeah, Craig, I've got to do a bunch of shopping, so, do you want to come with and help me out?" What do I say there? I just spend 30 minutes driving there. It'd be a waste of gas and time to just drive right back, so through her manipulative tactics, I said sure. On the way back to her place from the stores, she even said this, "I figured you could be my b***h and help bring in all the groceries." She said this in a joking manner, but still, I think there's some truth to that.

Being someone's b***h is no fun, especially if they had been a pretty good friend for an extended period of time. It's like, one day, this switch in their mind goes from mutual, sympathizing, and friendly to commanding, controlling, and manipulative. How does that work? It's not going to make for a very good friendship if one person is giving their all and the other is maybe giving a quarter of what they have to offer. It then becomes the other person using and taking advantage of all the effort and work you're putting into the friendship, and in turn, they try to make you their b***h. If anyone out there is being treated like this, lay your foot down and put a stop to it! That's what I did last night, and I must say, it felt mighty fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home