Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Completely Abstaining From Drama Is To Ask For Drama At The End Of The Day

I'm finally beginning to turn the corner on things not working out with a woman I'd longed for three years and whom gave me every indicator she felt the same only to feel rejection in the end and having felt led on and used, I cut off communication to give my heart time and space to heal. As I asked, she hasn't contacted me for the past week plus and is making it much easier for me to lift my head up and move forward again.

This past week or so has given me a great amount of time to reflect on things. I probably should have seen this red flag at the start of trying to pursue something with this woman, but thought, naively enough, that she'd alter her tune a bit. When she and I started communicating much more regularly with one another, I had told a funny tale about a conversation a friend of mine and I had, which showcased that he was kind of gullible and a bit more serious than the average person. This love interest of mine responded by asking how I can be around serious people and going on a tangent about how she can't surround herself with serious individuals. I replied with something about how I love to kick back and have a good time just as much as the next person, but I also believe there are times one has to be serious. I think balance is key. If one becomes too serious, they can forget how to have a good time and when one is all about having fun, they can lose track of things in their life they should probably take more seriously. This woman was definitely the latter of the two.

I'll say it right now, I don't like drama. Unless it's a well-put together piece of cinema, I don't care to have much drama in my life. However, I think the thought of one's life being drama-free is pretty naive. That appears to be how this woman wanted it and she was disappointed things couldn't transpire in such a smooth-sailing fashion. I joked around with her quite frequently. We made small talk. When I brought up a serious subject, however, she backed away and seemed to ignore it all together.

Like I said, I don't care for drama, but to completely ignore it from the outset of a relationship is only asking for problems in the end. If problem A is ignored on Day 5 and problem B makes its presence known on day 25 and is too ignored and problem C comes about on day 52 only to be denied by a party, there's going to be an escalation of tension in the relationship and problems A & B, along with C, will not stop circulating the conversations until they're discussed and resolved to an extent. This is what happened between my before-mentioned love interest and myself. I tried to reach out to her, open up and talk about serious matters, so that we could understand one another and resolve the issue at hand and she continually ignored it (them) until it became too late. She wound up sending me a text by saying, "This is entirely too much drama." I wonder why. To completely abstain from drama is to ask for it and that's exactly what she did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home